|For every dogs we place, we are back to rescue more! MHCR
|UPCOMING ADOPTION EVENT:
125 NW Loop 410 Ste 350
San Antonio, TX 78216
Thursday, 12 December, 2013 and
Thursday, 19 December, 2013
2p.m. - 6p.m.
Friday, 6 December, 2013 and
Friday, 20 December, 2013
2p.m. - 6p.m.
Saturday, 7 December, 2013 and
Saturday, 14 December, 2013 and
21 December 2013
11a.m. - 4p.m.
|Dogs are a source of unconditional love. When things go wrong in life,
your doggie is always there to give you a kiss, a snuggle, or to lay a
reassuring head on your lap. Your puppy loves you no matter what.
Your dog doesn’t care if you’re rich, or homeless; if you run Microsoft,
or you bag groceries at the local Wal-Mart.
When you are sad, your dog is always there to comfort you. He or she
will never leave your side. He or she will never desert you.
Dogs give you unconditional love and understanding.
All you need is LOVE… And a dog!
November/December 2013 - HAPPY HOLIDAYS! from our family to yours.
With the holidays quickly approaching it’s time to remember those things that can be hazards to our pets! Decorations brighten so many houses in
our community . The one thing pet owners may not realize is many decorations and holiday treats can pose a health threat to their furry friends.
Here are some of the problems we should all keep in mind:
Tinsel – cats love to play with it. But if ingested it can cause intestinal lacerations and even death. Be sure to keep tinsel away from your pets.
Lights – dogs chewing on cords can suffer electrical shock and mouth burns. The shock can even cause a heart attack.
Tree Water – The sap from pine trees can be toxic to dogs and cats. Best to be sure the container is emptied as you take down the tree.
Candy – chocolate, especially baking chocolate is toxic to dogs and cats. Even a tiny amount can be deadly.
Ornaments – Glass ornaments are very attractive to cats. They will bat them around and, unfortunately, sometimes break them posing a serious
risk of cuts to their paws.
If you think your dog or cat has ingested chocolate or other potentially dangerous items, here’s what to look for:
seizures (in very serious cases)
If you believe your pet is suffering from ingesting a potentially poisonous food or object, call your veterinarian or the nearest emergency pet center.
|For every dogs we place, we are back to rescue more!
MHCR is a 501(c)3
All donations are tax deductable
There are as many as 7 million
orphaned pets looking for a family to
love each year. Please join us (Missy’s
Haven Canine Rescue) and help
homeless animals this year by opening
your hearts and homes. Working
together we can all make a difference.
Please don't forget to like us on
Facebook at Missy's Haven. Post one
of your pictures of a pup you adopted
from Missy's Haven and show how
wonderful a RESCUE dog can be.
There is nothing better! We would
love to hear your story.
2011 All Rights Reserved
Children and The Family Dog
Teach your children to respect the dog and realize that he is not a stuffed toy. He is a live animal that feels
pain when hurt, has emotions, and has physical needs that must be met. Kids may unknowlingly tease a
dog by waving a toy around and snatching it away.
Children and New Dog
Establish the house rules and enforce them from the day your new dog or puppy arrives. Be sure the entire
family is consistant and uses the samne rules. Eventaully, even little kids should be able to give obedience
commands and have the dog obey. A small child should new be left alone with the dog. Allow them to get
used to each other from across the room or yard. Your children may act differently than other children have
acted with them. Allow him to keep his distance until he is comfortable rather than letting kids corner him or
force him to be petted or hugged.
Click here for event schedule